Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 5 in my new life

I'm sitting at my computer surrounded by boxes that need my attention. My new little computer room is also my new guest room. I've moved from a 3,000 square foot home in the suburbs of Cary, NC in the lovely neighborhood of Prestonwood Country Club to a 1,500 square foot two-story town house on the canal in downtown Indianapolis. I'm learning to live in smaller quarters, and after five days of living here, I think it can be done.

I am still having moments of heart ache thinking of what I've left behind in Cary. Mostly, it's my daughters and my routines. Living without my daily routines has been so difficult. Running with friends, meeting for a beer on Monday nOg nights, long runs on Saturday, family dinners, Buddy snuggling on my lap, shopping with Tammy, visiting Sherri at the beach. But living apart from Mark for 15 months has been difficult, too. So I am happy to be reunited. We are on our second honeymoon and this is good. We've been enjoying the view of the canal from all the windows in our new home. We take walks along the canal holding hands like young newly weds. Dinner out at the many canal restaurants. You can't beat our view of the canal, we have coffee in the mornings and beer in the evenings right on our porch. We say hello to those who walk, run, bike, or paddle along the canal. 

Yes, I'm retired, but it hasn't really sunk in. I still have so many boxes to unpack. But one box at a time and I'll get through this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment